For Employee Benefit Plans
“We advise public pension funds and multi-employer, Taft-Hartley benefit plans, including defined benefit plans, defined contribution plans, health and welfare plans, and apprenticeship and training plans, in the following areas:”
- Plan qualification under the Internal Revenue Code and compliance with the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA), the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), and the Illinois Pension Code.
- Overall governance and administration, including subrogation, coordination of benefits, compliance with fiduciary duties, determining benefit eligibility, and evaluating qualified domestic relations orders (QDROs and QILDROs).
- Representing plans in withdrawal liability arbitration and litigation.
- Compelling compliance audits and collection litigation against delinquent employers.
- Negotiating investment management agreements and other service provider agreements.